The Agios Kirikos Lipsi ferry route connects Ikaria with Dodecanese Islands. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Dodekanisos Seaways. The crossing operates up to 3 times each week with sailing durations from around 1 hour 25 minutes.
Agios Kirikos Lipsi sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information.
Agios Kirykos is a town located on the Greek island of Ikaria which lies in the North Aegean Sea. Located in the village of Kambos is the Archaeological Museum, which is situated on a hill which was once the ancient fortress of Oinoe. The museum has many artefacts for visitors to see including Neolithic tools, pottery, clay statuettes, coins, carved headstones and columns. Next to the museum is Agia Irini, the island's oldest church.
The island, which derives its name from Icarus, the son of Daedalus in Greek mythology, is connected by ferry to the Greek ports of Piraeus and Rafina. ferry connections are also available to the Cycladic islands of Syros, Tinos, Mykonos and Andros and also to the islands of Rhodes and Ikaria. Journey times vary between around 5 and 10 hours depending on ferry type and route.
Lipsi is a Greek island that is one of the Dodecanese group of islands and lies between the island of Patmos and the island of Leros. The island, which can trace its history back to prehistoric times, is the largest island among a complex of smaller islands and islets and collectively form part of the Natura network. The island as we know it today was founded in 1669 by a Cretan named Illias and was later officially united with Greece in 1948. Popular attractions on the island include the Church of Aghios Ioannis, Theologos which is located next to the Town Hall and Museum. Contained within the church you can see the icon of Panaghia the Mavri (the Black Madonna) which dates back to around 1500. Also of interest to visitors is the Ecclesiastical Folklore Museum which contains some ecclesiastical relics and a small archaeological collection. Also of interest is the Panaghia of Haros, which dates back to 1600, which is situated around 1.5 km from Lipsi Town and is where you can see the only icon in Greece depicting the Virgin Mary holding the Crucified Jesus in her arms instead of the infant Jesus.